Thursday, April 2, 2009

Another Tribune Bankruptcy

After already filing for financial bankruptcy, The Chicago Tribune today filed for moral bankruptcy. And I'm not talking about the imbecilic thing they did with the Live section. (I can write that, but I don't know how to say it, is the section name the verb or the adjective?) No, it was the item that was conspicuously missing from today's paper.

The Congressional Republicans released their budget yesterday. I heard it on the news, saw it on the internet, some guy even blogged about it. So I wanted to see the Trib's take on it. Went through the front page, nothing there. The Business section, nope. I looked at the Obits thinking I might find:

Party, Grand O. 154, died yesterday after long struggle with trying to impose the will of the few on the many . . . .


but, alas, no.

So the Trib's take on it was to pretend it never happened. If they reported on it, then the Editorial Board may have had to comment on it. The integrity of that board, and I realize I'm being generous, would not allow them to comment unfavorably. So, they ignore it?

If they agree with the plan, they should report it and state their support. If they disagree, they should report it, state their disagreements, and chastise the leadership. But to ignore it?!?!

Then again, they did strike that ostrich like posture during much of the previous administration. So I guess they are being consistent. Morally bankrupt, but consistent.



Interesting note, when I spellchecked, the Blogspot spellchecker doesn't recognize the word internet.


Or Blogspot.

No comments:

Post a Comment