Thursday, May 7, 2009

I'm Starting to Dislike People Less and Less Everyday

I thought it was going to be a good day. Joe Scarborough was missing from Morning Joe. It was so pleasant. But they did talk about him. He's got a big article in Time Magazine next week. The editor referred to him as one of the new leaders in the Republican Party. I'm feeling better and better about the Democrats!



Earlier this week Joe was talking about how you had to keep individual tax rates lower to help small businesses, who create the most jobs in this country. The US Chamber of Commerce said basically the same thing, in reverse, when commenting on Obama's plan to eliminate tax havens, saying that higher taxes would bring about job losses. Joe made his comment because he's a non-thinking person who just echoes the Republican chants. The US Chamber of Commerce flat out lied. Jobs are created and lost based on the need for the jobs. If you lowered taxes the Ford dealership down the street would not hire more people to not sell cars. If you raised taxes, those in the road construction business would still hire people to get to work on the stimulus projects.



Every day this week on my walk to work I've seen people walk into traffic expecting the cars and bicyclists to get out of their way. And it's not just people talking on cell phones. This morning I saw a group of people ahead of me at a new hotel, which used to be the SRO hotel I lived in during harder times. It appeared to me that they were blocking the entire sidewalk. As I got nearer and changed perspectives, I could see that they had indeed left a path for someone to walk through. As I walked past, I could hear that most of them were Europeans. This explained the common courtesy, a term that has become an oxymoron.



I was talking with people the other day about the swine flu. Someone made the comment that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I used to believe that, but now that I think about it, I'm not dead and I'm not that strong.



I watched some of O'Reilly the other night. I'm trying to keep up with Fox to insure that the Republican Party is not changing. O'Reilly might be too stupid to live, but that qualifies him to work at Fox. He was talking with someone about Obama's policies. He is obviously in favor of torture, but he's against using drones in Pakistan. When arguing for torture he started out with "If I'm waging a war, I'm in it to win, and I'll do whatever I have to do!" But he doesn't like the way the drone's are used in Pakistan because women and children are being hurt. Apparently that doesn't fall under whatever.

O'Reilly and Keith Olbermann have to stop their bickering about which network is gaining / losing money and viewers. It's going below the fourth grade and making me cringe. So are Snickers' ads. Can we all stop eating Snickers bars until they fire that moronic ad agency?

President Obama announced that his administration has identified $17 billion in spending that they can trim. Everyone scoffs at this as such a picayune amount. Compared to the entire budget, yes. But when was the last time you saw an administration trimming the budget?

Manny Ramirez got busted for using performance enhancing drugs. I've got to find my ticket, cause I think I won the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment