Friday, May 8, 2009

Impeach Pelosi !!!!!!!!!!

Starting last night, I've seen a lot on the news about how Nancy Pelosi lied. I saw clips of her on the Rachel Maddow show saying that she was not briefed by the CIA on the usage of waterboarding. Well, she says that she was briefed, but it was her understanding that the waterboarding procedure was perfectly legal, and not yet in use.

However there is now new information that shows that Pelosi was briefed about the procedure, and told it was in practice. I watched Mika Brzezinski and Peggy Noonan wringing their hands and sighing about how it seemed that Pelosi was in trouble, and could not understand how she got herself into this. The malicious miserable moronic Michelle Malken (like the alliteration?) says Pelosi knew from day one, and that Pelosi is a liar!

Oh boy! What a gotcha moment! So I looked at the "evidence" of what she knew and when she knew it. What absolutely proves what she knew is the notation: "Briefing on EIT's including use of EIT's on Abu Zubaydah, background on authorities, and a description of the particular EIT's that had been deployed." Whoa. Nailed her!

In 25 words or less, the CIA indicates what their recollection of the meeting were. I'm not doubting what the CIA briefers remember from the meeting. I'm not saying this is a he said, she said situation. There are, for obvious reasons, no recordings or transcripts of the meeting. Porter Goss was in the room and, in his comments to date, talks about the development and descriptions of the techniques, but does not mention that they were informed that they were in use.

After wringing her hands Peggy Noonan, as the expert on communications, should have realized that communications isn't about what is said, it's about what is heard. When I was a college professor I would plan my lectures diligently, spoke effectively, put the important information in writing in handouts or on the board. I found out, while reviewing test papers, that members of my class did not correctly hear what I said.

I don't know how many business meetings I have been involved in where everyone is in unison about what was discussed and then leave the room to proceed in several different directions from the map that had been drawn. I've given members of my staff what I thought were very explicit directions, only to have a project I couldn't recognize deposited on my desk.

Nancy Pelosi is too consummate a politician to state an obvious untruth in February knowing that it would come out. If she wanted to obfuscate, she could have said she did not let the information out for security reasons. Or that she had tried, within the constrictions of the CIA operations, to ensure that we did not break any laws. But instead she related what she remembered from the meeting.

It's about what is heard, not what is said.

I think we should waterboard Pelosi, Goss, and the CIA briefers to find out the truth.

I think we should waterboard Michelle Malkin just to shut her up for five minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment