Monday, May 18, 2009

Sometimes When You Bite the Hand That Feeds You

So, I'm trying to wean myself from Morning Joe. I keep trying to watch Fox and Friends in the morning and it is really hard. Not because I can't take the right wing histrionics, but because they are so gosh darn stupid.

I just giggled this morning when they were running their poll as to whether or not Pelosi should resign. Sixty percent of their viewers believe so. I don't have a cell phone to text my vote, nor do I Twitter, so I couldn't vote.

I had to turn it off when they were talking with the real chubby Baldwin brother, I think it's Stephen. He was discussing Pelosi's problem and said "She got her big foot stuck in her mouth. Sometimes when you bite the hand that feeds you, it turns around and bites you in the ass." I'm still shaking my head thinking about the imagery. I guess he's better when someone writes the lines for him. Actually, I've seen him in a couple of movies and he's really not any better.

My cable system sucks. RCN. I've got something like a thousand channels, but half of them are HD and I don't have HD. Subtract the infomercials, radio stations, and such and I've got maybe a couple hundred. Take out the crap and we're starting to talk a reasonable number. But at any given time, dozens of the channels are "temporarily out of service" on my TV. So I'm limited as to what I can watch.

I'm rationalizing, I love to hate Joe Scarborough. Today he was in fine form. First, he was echoing that nut job Monica Crowley. Apparently they believe that President Obama is following the lead of Former President Bush. By keeping the torture photographs secret, and by continuing some military tribunals (and as Joe said, keeping Gitmo open indefinitely) Obama has learned that Bush was right and he was in error.

Obama is attempting to keep the photographs secret for fear of reprisals from the Arab world. A legitimate rationale. I mean, actually using a rationale, an involved thought process, is an improvement. Bush kept them secret because he was under orders from Cheney to keep everything secret.

As far as the military tribunals, I think Mr. Scarborough and Dr. Crowley really need to gain a perspective. The Bush Adminstration waylayed hundereds of people and shipped them to Gitmo. They started a few tribunals, and realized they had some legal issues. They probably should have invested in competent lawyers instead of trusting the law firm of Miers and Gonzales.

President Obama's plans are to continue with the military tribunals in about a dozen cases, where there is legal authority to do so. Which means that he is not continuing the Bush policies in about 95% of the cases. So Dr. Crowley, if you think about it, if you are capable of rational thought when it comes to a Democratic Administration, he really isn't following the Bush Administration policies.

Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment